- 10:10 → 10:30 短講座 Short Lecture (白小明）
- 10:30 → 10:40 各組帶開，到分組教室
- 10:40 → 11:30 小組查聖經 (Small Group Bible Study)
- 11:30 → 12:00 戲劇表演
- The Situation at Passover, 33AD
- Jesus grew up in countryside
- Jesus taught for only 3 years -- not a lifetime
- Jesus did not write any books
- Jesus is now dead
- Jesus' followers (< 500) are discouraged, afraid, in hiding
- 50 Days Later his followers start teaching: "Jesus is Alive!"
- Executions follow...
- James (1 of the 3) is executed within a matter of months.
- Over next years: main leaders executed, e.g., Paul, Peter, 10/11 disciples (John dies in exile in Patmos)
- Until AD 313, Christianity was illegal in Roman empire.
- Refusal to worship King was regarded as treason → torture and death
- Property of Christians confiscated.
- Persecution continues today...
- Unique: Not propogated by the founder, not propagated by the sword, people willing to die for the belief.
- Why were a group of men (and women) who were discouraged suddenly start preaching: "Jesus is Alive"?
- Why were his disciples willing to die for saying "Jesus is Alive"?
- Why for the first 260 years were people willing to die for the belief. "Jesus is Alive"?
- How did this belief grow to "take over" the Roman Empire in 313AD?
- Why are people still today willing to die for believing: "Jesus is Alive"?
[Propagation of Faith]
- 10:10 ~ 11:20 Small Group Bible Study (Go to your small group room NOT classroom)
- 11:20 ~ 11:30 Rest
- 11:30 ~ 12:00 Whole Class Lecture
Because He Lives