L11 Dynamics: Motion in Plane
- MS#1 (Mechanics: Newton's Laws) : Will be up to this chapter....
- Office Hours: Come Visit
- Looking for a few students to join our group. Do you?
- 喜歡物理,或者 Like Physics and doing things with hands, or,
- 喜歡計算機編程 Like Computer Programming, or,
- 關心長老 Interested in Elder Care
Homework Review: Sample Problems
- Coord system/unknowns
- Interaction Diagram
- Free Body Diagrams
- Solve (⌛)
Pr 7.16 The cable cars in San Francisco are pulled along their tracks by an underground steel cable that moves along at 15km/hr. The cable is driven by large motors at a central power station and extends, via an intricate pulley arrangement, for several miles beneath the city streets. The length of a cable stretches by up to 100 ft during its lifetime. To keep the tension constant, the cable passes around a 1.5 m diameter "tensioning pulley" that rolls back and forth on rails, as shown in the figure. A m = 2000 kg
block is attached to the tensioning pulley's cart, via a rope and pulley, and is suspended in a deep hole. What is the tension in the cable car's cable?
New Ideas: None
Knight Chapter 8 Dynamics 2: Motion in Plane PPT Slides